Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hump Day Hook - Day 15


I am one of many talented authors who share excerpts from their books and/or works-in-progress every Wednesday on Hump Day Hook. If you'd like to read some more enticing author hooks, please follow this link.

My hump day hook for the day comes from my soon-to-be-released (July 1) contemporary romantic adventure, Dangerous Descents (first book in the LOVE IN THE LABYRINTHS series). Extasy Books just finished designing my cover last weekend - this beauty was done by Carmen Waters!

In this scene, the depressed Rebecca, who has overslept yet again, tells her best friend, Amanda, that she's got a different destination in mind other than her normal day job...

Amanda furrowed her brow and shook her head. "What am I going to do with you? You're not even dressed. If you don't hurry, we'll be late for work. I'll still wait if you'll get moving."

"No, you go on ahead. I'm going to call in sick. I might quit anyway...or go to Vietnam."


8 comments:

  1. Nice cover and what a great hook! Those are her choices? Quit work or go to Vietnam? I'd like to read more just to figure out why that particular destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, surely there were other options!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I love how she just casually announced that one :D
    I love your style of writing, and can't wait for this one to be released do I can read the whole book :D Love the cover, by the way. It's sexy, sweet, and very beautiful! Your hero has a slight smirk that promises so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cover. She sounds like me... when I used to have a desk job, ugh. Love her dry sense of humor.

    I just started Message From Viola Mari. The personalities of your characters really shine through. You really get inside their heads, and I'm just loving Marissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, meryvamp! And I'm glad you are enjoying MESSAGE. It was a blast to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snippet, and I love that cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! I get where she is mentally - completely over it!

    ReplyDelete