Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hump Day Hook - from WIP Plunge into Destiny

Every week a group of authors post short excerpts from their published books or works in progress. Follow this link for a complete listing of this week’s participants:
Hump Day Authors. And you can find links to these posts on Twitter using the hashtag #HDH.

Her husband says it’s over so Tara flees for the Bocos del Toro Islands off the coast of Panama. When the plane crashes in the sea, she finds herself the sudden mother of a blond-haired four-month old boy, Kevin. The two are rescued by the gorgeous Lucas and Tara soon falls in love with her new child and the man who patiently teaches her how to care for him.

I stared out the airplane window, watching mile after mile of Caribbean Sea pass by. My life had changed in an instant—that instant the man I’d been married to for fifteen years had said he’d fallen in with someone else. He hadn’t given up on the hope of a child; he’d gone on to say.
Neither have I, I thought miserably as I recalled the fertility tests and numerous times I’d laid on my back with my legs up in the air after sex. Despite the discomfort and the inconvenience of it all, I’d tried every technique without complaint, never losing hope that one day I’d hold that bright-eyed baby in my arms.Until he shattered all my dreams with a single sentence. Tears welled up in my eyes and I dabbed them away with a tissue.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you.
    I am William Smith and I am from UK. If you need any kind of help for assignments then you can visit our official website Dissertationproviders.co.uk (Dissertation Help UK) which provides you an expert team that helps with your assignments.
    For More:
    Pay someone to do my assignment
    write my assignment online
    coursework help online
    essay help online
    Do My Homework for Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for someone to help me with my assignment for my Intro to Programming class. I'm really struggling with it, and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to finish it on time. I'm willing to pay someone to do the do my assignment for me. I'm not looking for someone to just give me the answers, I really want to understand the material. So, if you're someone who is good at programming and you're willing to help me out, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking for some recommendations for lumecca ipl treatments near me. I've been doing some research, and it seems like this is a more effective treatment than traditional IPL for improving skin tone and decreasing hyperpigmentation. I'm also interested in the fact that it can help with rosacea and acne.

    I'm located in the [your city] area, and I'm hoping to find a reputable clinic that offers Lumecca IPL treatments. I'm also on a budget, so if anyone knows of any affordable options, I'd be grateful for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the 638179-010 - IBM 420-Watts Hot-Pluggable Power Supply in my IBM server for over a year now, and I've been very happy with it. It's a very reliable power supply, and it's also efficient. I've noticed a significant reduction in my energy bills since I started using this power supply.

    ReplyDelete
  5. screen and access to the Amazon Appstore, which has a decent selection of mobile games. Just be aware that some popular titles might not be available on Fire best pc for web development. These will offer significantly better performance than budget options, but be sure to check their condition carefully before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The climax of the Starfield Sarah Quest throws you into a moral conundrum that will test your very principles. Faced with a decision that could reshape the very fabric of reality, you must tears of the kingdom marari in shrine: save Sarah, rewrite the past, or let the universe unfold as it was destined to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget cramped cinemas and overpriced popcorn. ViveSeats brings the movie theater experience home, with premium seating that transforms your living room into a best smart electric heaters cinema. Here's why they stand out. Seamlessly blending into your walls, with customizable schedules and geofencing capabilities, this heater prioritizes both aesthetics and smart control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed some high-quality prints for a presentation last week, and The UPS Store 73 came to the rescue! Their Ups store is top-notch, with friendly staff and quick turnaround times. Highly recommend!








    ReplyDelete