Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Thank you for dropping by to visit me on this blog hop!

I was kindly tagged by Diane Adams, author of Life Should be Beautiful, If the Stars Fall, and That One Thing. You can read more about Diane's books by going to http://dianeadams500.blogspot.com/

Today, I'll answer 10 questions about my work-in-progress, a romantic suspense entitled Expedition to Mountain River Cave.


 
What is the working title of your book?  Expedition to Mountain River Cave

Where did the idea come from for the book?  The movie Sanctum. The cave and the exotic tropical setting piqued my interest in writing another romantic adventure. Don’t worry everyone will die an agonizing death the way everyone did in that movie, though. My story is much more like Romancing the Stone than Alien vs. Preditor.

What genre does your book fall under? Romantic suspense

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?  Ed Harris would be my choice if he still looked like he did in Apollo 13.  Kent’s got the same dimples, the same muscular, sturdy body and a similar tough, down-to-business exterior. Viggo Mortensen might work well, too. I can't think of a female actress that looks like Rebecca, though. She's a green-eyed, voluptuous brunette.

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book? Rebecca is desperate to start over and Kent needs a scientific assistant who can get it done, but neither of them expect this remote jungle expedition will lead to lusty attraction that can't be denied.

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency? I hope to publish this work with Extasy Books, the publisher of my two earlier novels, The Open Water Swimmer and Message from Viola Mari.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? The book’s not yet finished, but I’ve been working on it since September, 2012 and hope to submit late in February.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? My books aren’t like any others I’ve read so far. I aim to take my readers to exotic places, like Nicholas Christopher's A Trip to the Stars and aspire toward Jennifer Crusie’s humor…A good laugh improves my outlook on life so  I like to deliver some of that fun to my readers.

Who or What inspired you to write this book? I watched some National Geographic documentaries on you tube about some expeditions to Mountain River Cave in Vietnam several days after I watched the Sanctum movie and the next thing I knew, a story sprouted inside my head.

What else about your book might interest the reader? My books tend to feature quirky characters and appeal to readers who enjoy humor, outdoor adventure, and science (in this case the geology of caves). I also enjoy writing panty-wetting sex scenes and this book delivers plenty of those - all in the great outdoors!




Thank you for reading my blog post. Now I'll pass the torch on to  Lynsie Buchanan who will post on January 9. Her debut novel, The Healers, will be published in the summer of 2013 with Extasy Books.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a fascinating glimpse into your WIP. It will be another book not to be missed :D

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete